08 July 2007
We Need Rain!
It's been so "hot" (by Great Frozen North standards, anyway...95 or so) and dry that the grass isn't growing and it's turning brown. Granted, that means mowing is reduced, saving gas and time, but this is getting out of hand. Every storm that rolls through skirts five miles north or five miles south of Elysian. In an effort to bring down the rains, I washed both cars this afternoon. I also hosed down the patio, the garage doors, and the flower beds. If we don't get rain out of this, I may have to schedule a double-header baseball game with a car wash between games and fireworks after. We're getting desperate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well here is a possible way to acheive a good chance of rain. We did the big rain dance after midnight on the second day past the first full moon of the month while holding a dry leaf in our mouth and singing "rain keeps falling on my head". We had a very slow soaking rain. It did take about seven weeks to arrive.I think the rain gods were just laughing for that long at such a display of pure bull____!
My tactics didn't work, so I guess the doubleheader baseball game with a big-time car wash between games will have to go on the schedule.
Post a Comment